Timber Mountain Bike Bell Black
|Availability:||In stock (3)|
Every day, millions of mountain bike riders head out on the trails to do what they love. And while they’re out there enjoying the experience, they're also likely to encounter other riders, hikers, horses, and wildlife including bears and mountain lions.
Unfortunately, there’s never really been an effective way for riders to pass and audibly communicate their presence to other trail users. until now.
TIMBER is the first bicycle bell designed exclusively for mountain biking. Our goal was simple: awareness when you need it, and silence when you don’t.
If you’re like us, you probably already use one of the following ways of alerting / warning others of your presence, all of them inadequate for their own reason.
- You can mount a cowbell or bear bell to your bike that produces a constant ringing sound. But you have to listen to the sound of the bell for your entire ride.
- You can ride without a bike bell, and pass by shouting the tiresome “passing on your left”. But it doesn’t always get a positive reaction you were hoping for.
- You can ride with a traditional bike bell, and ding it just as you approach. Unfortunately, to most people this sounds and awful lot like “Beep beep, get out of my way”.
We based the design of our mountain bike bell on the iconic cowbell, only updated with a more modern look. A patented on/off lever controls the internal clapper. Slide it down for on, up for off.
The motion of the bike activates the sound. Because the sound is passive, you communicate to other trail users a friendly, "Hey, I'm just letting you know I'm here". The advance notice gives hikers or oncoming riders time to find a safe place to move off the trail.
The bell mounts on your handlebars within easy reach of your hands. Fits all handlebar diameters: from standard 22.2mm all the way to 35mm DH style. Mount it near the stem for occasional use, or closer to the grips for instant shifting between silent and ring mode .
Our quick release model moves easily between bikes, and our bolt-on model is a tighter fixed mount.
- Evolution of the bicycle bell, features an On/Off feature and a pleasant sound
- When in stealth mode, the ringer is locked and makes no noise even over jumps and rough terrain
- When set to ring, the solid brass bell offers a pleasant, easy on the ears ring to alert trail users and wildlife to your presence
- Multiple mounting options fit a variety of bar and grip sizes